Dominus Roleplay

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Warpizzle's admin application
Puppy0156s Vortigaunt Application(Ready) EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 4:10 pm by Shisno

» guiz can i be an ota assassin pls
Puppy0156s Vortigaunt Application(Ready) EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 3:13 pm by Milkdairy

» DRP Reopening
Puppy0156s Vortigaunt Application(Ready) EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:59 pm by Milkdairy

» Me have computer problems long time
Puppy0156s Vortigaunt Application(Ready) EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:06 pm by τΐgσ

» im out /10 character titles -.-
Puppy0156s Vortigaunt Application(Ready) EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 6:59 pm by Milkdairy

» Server Reboot to-do-list
Puppy0156s Vortigaunt Application(Ready) EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:05 pm by Neko

» Kasumi Misaki
Puppy0156s Vortigaunt Application(Ready) EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 11:36 am by Kitsune

» hay tailer
Puppy0156s Vortigaunt Application(Ready) EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:20 am by Kitsune

» Your favorite Unit.
Puppy0156s Vortigaunt Application(Ready) EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 9:29 am by Warpizzle

Navigation

+4
Shisno
Milkdairy
τΐgσ
puppy0156
8 posters

Puppy0156s Vortigaunt Application(Ready)

puppy0156
    puppy0156
    Banned User

Puppy0156s Vortigaunt Application(Ready) Empty Puppy0156s Vortigaunt Application(Ready)

Post  puppy0156 Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:50 am

Steam name: Puppy0156

Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:12138252

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Puppy0156//

Why do you want to play as a Vortigaunt? (Explain in atleast one paragraph of why you want to be a Vortigaunt OOC'ly): Mainly i want to act and roleplay on a different character, as playing as a human can get pretty boring quickly, im also done with Tyrone for now, which i wish to begin a new character. The new character would be Kar'Ak'Yun, a elderly vortigaunt that is new in the world and has much to learn. The Vortigaunt Character thing would be better for me as it would be good practice for roleplay on a higher degree level then running around. Kar'Ak'Yun would be the only character i would play on, as i plan to have him developed very well and interact with the new habitants of thy outlands.

How should you act as a Vortigaunt?(Explain in atleast one paragraph) As a vortigaunt you should practically act like a mentor in some way, and be a very wise figure that people can go to for advice and so forth, and also be a beacon for RP. A Vortigaunt would act very clean in language as well, choosing words presciely and choosing the right time to say the chosen words. A vortigaunt would also choose his actions wisely, and be out of fights most of the time, as they are weak. You should act as a role-model, to sum this paragraph up.

What do you expect your experience to be like? (One paragraph) I would like to experience the experience that i once had when i was playing on a vortigaunt character back in the days, where it was fun, passive roleplay. I wouldent really expect combat or anything, just some fun roleplay to do and obey by. I would expect that my vortigaunt would be relatively wise and be like a healer in some sorts that heals the wounded. I also would expect my vortigaunt to practically survive a long time as he should stay out of fights.

Desired Vortigaunt Name: Kar'Ak'Yun

Describe the history, psychology, and physiology of the Vortigaunt species in about 2 paragraphs: History of Vortigaunts: The history all started when there was an ruler named Nilinath, who enslaved the Vortigaunt race and ran from the Combine, the chains on their neck should represent their slavery from the combine. The Vortigaunts then were ordered to attack Black Mesa, walking through an opened rift to earth that Black Mesa opened by mistake. The Vortigaunt race then had some pretty awful battles with the Humans, but luckily, Gordan Freeman assassinated the Nilinath, and free'd the vortigaunt race. The Vortigaunts were then forced to be on earth to help the resistance in their goal to take back earth, and therefore were possibly involved in the seven hour war. The Vortigaunts Mind: The Vortigaunt's brain operates in a strange way like no human can operate. The brain is very smart in some ways, and unwise in someways, Vortigaunts in general are very quiet and wise with words of advice, and are almost like fortune-tellers in some sort. The Vortigaunt's have a strange physical structure, for their feet they almost have horse like hooves, and they have green skin, and ruby claws. Vortigaunts also have two fingers and an third arm on their chest.

Describe your Vortigaunt's backstory in 1-2 Paragraphs.. How did He/she get to Earth, how did he/she survive the 7 hour war, how did he/she get to City 18?: My vortigaunt was an enslaved servant by Nilinath, in which Nilinath sent all the vortigaunts to attack Black Mesa with the Xen, Yun had a difficult time killing innocent beings which did not deserve death, Yun went through the portal which Black Mesa opened to get to earth. Yun was saved by Gordan Freeman killing the Nilinath, and the age of slavery was over for the Xen, after Yun and his comrades were free'd, Yun decided to begin a new life. Yun survived the Seven Hour war mainly by hiding in discreet places that the SYNTH's would not notice, such as underground areas, and old buildings. Yun also survived by working with humans to survive, in which Yun contributed greatly.

Yun got to City Eighteen by a old pass through the canals, which connected to C18, Yun had some problems along the way with humans and so forth, but he lived. Kar had made some friends already once he got into City Eighteen, which then he made an effort to survive with the female that companioned him. Yun woke up one day, disturbed by hearing gunshots and so forth, he went to investigate three hours after the gunshots, but he was in for a suprise, he found his Companion dead in cold blood by unknown hands. During the escape to the Outlands Yun was depressed by then, and had remain anti-social until he could get over the emotionol pain that the death caused him.

Write out two Roleplay examples, One where your vortigaunt interacts with a citizen, another where your vortigaunt interacts with a Combine Unit. Have at least 15 /me's for each character. Use /it's.:
    The Citizen Interaction.
    /it Kar walks along the canals, checking his areas and so forth.
    /me moves his head side to side, spotting a female on the ground.
    /me looks up at the Vortigaunt, mumbling for help.
    /me looks down upon the female, approaching her, "What has happened to this fine one...?"
    /it She has an injury at the stomach, a scratch.
    /me humms, readying his hands, concentrating his energy upon his spell of healing, two green balls come out, and hover over the wound.
    /me looks up at her savior, smiling a bit as the scratch pains her.
    /me sighs, letting the magical essence do the work, then after a while of mind energy, he halts the healing.
    /it The wound is gone, leaving a scar.
    /me offers a hand, picking the girl up as she accepts.
    /me takes Kar's hand, smiling as she is picked up, on her feet.
    Elizabeth - Thank you k-kind one.
    Kar - You are welcome..human.
    /me humms as he continues his journey, hearing the steps of the girl walking at his side.
    /me walks with him, seeing light at the end of the tunnel.
    /me stomach rumbles with hunger, "Human..do you have food for me..i am quite hungry..."
    /it The girl replies..
    /me says with a raspy voice "Yes, i do." she tears out a piece of meat.
    /me strips the piece of meat apart as he eats it, getting filled eventually strip by strip.
    /me nods at the girl his thanks, walking.
    /me eventually hits the end of the tunnel, blinded by the light, he takes a minute for his eyes to adjust to the light.
    /it The girl runs, catching up to him.
    /me is blinded as well, covering her eyes, "Quite um, bright there lad!"
    /me nods, "Yes, it is quite bright this day!"
    /me eyes are fully adjusted, walking around the area carefully.
    /me walks beside Kar, being cautious of her surroundings as well, humming a tone.
    /me finds shelter, opening the door, allowing the girl in.
    /me walks in, "Thank you..what is your name?"
    /me says in a wise voice, "Kar'Ak'Yun"
    /me walks in after the girl, closing the door.
    /it The old building seems musty and dirty.
    /me observes the area, turning to Kar, "This place looks as if it were in the 1800s"
    /me nods, agreeing, "Yes, that would be far ago, this place should not even be standing".
    /me looks around the building, leaving Kar to his meditating, finding supplies.
    /me takes the supplies out, studying them. "Wow, i diden't know these were here!"
    /me takes a bottle of water out, opening the cap, she tastes the water, it tastes fresh
    /me coughs, her thirst quenched as she walks over to Ga', setting a piece of melon down.
    /me walks back into the supply room, opening more crates, she finds some old gear.
    /me inspects these, testing a glove out, it is too small for her hand though.
    τΐgσ
    τΐgσ
    Senior Development Manager/Donator

Puppy0156s Vortigaunt Application(Ready) Empty Re: Puppy0156s Vortigaunt Application(Ready)

Post  τΐgσ Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:01 am

The overall application is okay, I just wanna nitpick here.

-For the RP example, try to only put /me for your me's, and display others me's how you would see them in game. The way you have it set up sometimes makes it difficult to follow which character is doing what.

-The RP with a Combine Unit is missing.

-This is more a personal thing, but the finding of all those supplies in the actual server would be slim, so make sure if you do try to RP finding such stuff, ask for auths first.

This application's a bit generic, but it's nicely written enough. Long story short, +Support.
    puppy0156
    puppy0156
    Banned User

Puppy0156s Vortigaunt Application(Ready) Empty Re: Puppy0156s Vortigaunt Application(Ready)

Post  puppy0156 Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:18 am

Yeah, shisno said i would only have to do the Citizen part last night, otherwise, thanks, i'll work on the application.
    Milkdairy
    Milkdairy
    Development Manager
    Development Manager

Location : Staring at my computer, My Chair, My Room, My house, Los Angeles, California, United States, Northern America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post  Milkdairy Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:50 pm

+Support

YOU WILL NOT be invincible
    YOU WILL NOT practice your magic beyond canon terms
    YOU WILL NOT break the attitude of a vortigaunt
    YOU WILL NOT make a magic charge and then keep it charged for like a minute so to blast someone instantly.

I hope you make a good vortigaunt.

Oh and P.S.

YOU WILL NOT Resurrect. EVER.

puppy0156
    puppy0156
    Banned User

Post  puppy0156 Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:55 pm

I hope those go to other Vortigaunts too.
    Shisno
    Shisno

Post  Shisno Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:08 pm

I see you have improved over time, as well as mellowed out, as you are Accepted you will be under a trial period, that starts today, your trial period will be notified as up from one of the admin staff.
    Katelyn
    Katelyn

Post  Katelyn Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:36 am

Let the human-vortigaunt breeding commence. x.x
    just saying..
    Puppy0156s Vortigaunt Application(Ready) Impossibru
    Kitsune
    Kitsune

Post  Kitsune Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:38 am

Milkdairy wrote:+Support

YOU WILL NOT make a magic charge and then keep it charged for like a minute so to blast someone instantly.

Oh and P.S.

Actually, Milk, Vortigaunts can ressurect dead people.

Learn 2 Canon, it was even in Half Life 2 Ep 2 Smile
    τΐgσ
    τΐgσ

Post  τΐgσ Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:34 am

Kitsune™️ wrote:

Oh and P.S.

She was in a critical state, not dead. Death is final in the HL2, and our canon.

Also, my +support still stands.
    Milkdairy
    Milkdairy
    Development Manager
    Development Manager

Location : Staring at my computer, My Chair, My Room, My house, Los Angeles, California, United States, Northern America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post  Milkdairy Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:14 am

Why has this thread been bumped?

It's been accepted a long time ago.
    Kitsune
    Kitsune

Post  Kitsune Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:07 pm

τΐgσ wrote:
    Kitsune™️ wrote:

Oh and P.S.

She was in a critical state, not dead. Death is final in the HL2, and our canon.

Also, my +support still stands.

I recall them saying her heart stopped, AKA she did die.

Though, I'd have to say a person can be dead for a max of an hour before revived... Of course, the vorts DID Keep Alyx alive when she had been stabbed multiple times for like... an hour? Maybe more?
    Shisno
    Shisno

Post  Shisno Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:06 pm

Kitsune™ wrote:

Though, I'd have to say a person can be dead for a max of an hour before revived... Of course, the vorts DID Keep Alyx alive when she had been stabbed multiple times for like... an hour? Maybe more?

Try less, maximum time you can have your heart not beating and still have a chance to be revived is eight minutes.
    Kitsune
    Kitsune

Post  Kitsune Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:04 pm

Shisno wrote:
    Kitsune™ wrote:

Try less, maximum time you can have your heart not beating and still have a chance to be revived is eight minutes.

Vortigaunts kept her alive, with bleeding wounds, stabs through the kidneys, liver, maybe even lungs, for an hour (And maybe more). That kinda shit would kill you in a couple of minutes.

I think it should be, the max amount of time you can be dead, is an hour.
    τΐgσ
    τΐgσ

Post  τΐgσ Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:31 am

Kitsune™ wrote:
    Shisno wrote:
    Kitsune™ wrote:

Vortigaunts kept her alive, with bleeding wounds, stabs through the kidneys, liver, maybe even lungs, for an hour (And maybe more). That kinda shit would kill you in a couple of minutes.

I think it should be, the max amount of time you can be dead, is an hour.

While the suggestion is noted, maybe you should take it to the Canonical Idea Thread. A Vort App isn't the best place for this.
    TheBloodMaster
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

Post  TheBloodMaster Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Shisno wrote:
    Kitsune™ wrote:

it takes about 7-8 hours before all organs fail and such, there have been cases where people have been dead for 3-4 hours, and just suddenly come back to life, in fact, recently, somebody died TWICE, and THEN came back to life.
    Katelyn
    Katelyn

Post  Katelyn Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:32 pm

This has gone from a vort app thread to a Vort Revival discussion in under 3 days o.o
    Yuri Sergig
    Yuri Sergig
    Donator

Post  Yuri Sergig Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:42 pm

Katelyn wrote:This has gone from a vort app thread to a Vort Revival discussion in under 3 days o.o

That's true, Maybe its best if we steer clear of starting a argument, agian, and instead take it to Cannon thread, or just simply go to suggestion thread, we are really off topic when this thread was really just in the start a application for vortiguant. Also i am netural on this Vortigaunt thing brainwash, but revival of the dead goes beyond me, they may be able to treat heavy wounds, but they cant be necromancers, thats just crossing the line, And also this '' 4-8'' Hours time before termination, that is really a hard thing to say without medical information in real life, i dont even know about that, and i havent seen anyone ever saying such a thing, and most likely the wounds we will recive in the Roleplay is gunshots, and you cant just magicaly heal up damaged tissue, or just think using a similar defibrilator alike power will magicaly turn the person alive. Anyway, look at myself, now i am off topic too, we shoud lock this.
    Katelyn
    Katelyn

Post  Katelyn Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:00 pm

^Bump
    LOCKLOCKLOCKLOCKLOCK
    τΐgσ
    τΐgσ

Post  τΐgσ Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:20 pm

Since the applicant has been accepted, this thread is now LOCKED

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:55 am