Dominus Roleplay

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Warpizzle's admin application
Choose our direction. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 4:10 pm by Shisno

» guiz can i be an ota assassin pls
Choose our direction. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 3:13 pm by Milkdairy

» DRP Reopening
Choose our direction. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:59 pm by Milkdairy

» Me have computer problems long time
Choose our direction. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:06 pm by τΐgσ

» im out /10 character titles -.-
Choose our direction. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 6:59 pm by Milkdairy

» Server Reboot to-do-list
Choose our direction. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:05 pm by Neko

» Kasumi Misaki
Choose our direction. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 11:36 am by Kitsune

» hay tailer
Choose our direction. - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:20 am by Kitsune

» Your favorite Unit.
Choose our direction. - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 9:29 am by Warpizzle

Navigation

+9
Milkdairy
Warpizzle
ecstasy
Kommadant Solis
TheBloodMaster
Gothic
Lt.Butterscotch
Neko
Shisno
13 posters

Choose our direction.

Poll

Choose our direction.

[ 3 ]
    Choose our direction. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%Choose our direction. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [19%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Choose our direction. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap56%Choose our direction. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [56%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Choose our direction. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Choose our direction. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [25%] 

Total Votes: 16
    Aspen
    Aspen

Choose our direction. - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose our direction.

Post  Aspen Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:40 pm

you know what the cool thing about severance is?

better mapping opportunities and capabilities.
    TheBloodMaster
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

Post  TheBloodMaster Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:13 pm

I know it is fiction, however it would be perfect for this canon, because they usually crack down on zombies and try and make cure. so I would like to see them, or some CEDA-like faction
    τΐgσ
    τΐgσ
    Senior Development Manager/Donator

Post  τΐgσ Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:27 pm

TheBloodMaster wrote:I know it is fiction, however it would be perfect for this canon, because they usually crack down on zombies and try and make cure. so I would like to see them, or some CEDA-like faction

Hipster wrote:Except for the fact that there aren't going to be any factions and hospitals won't exactly exist anymore since everybody is dead..

Notice how it's not gonna happen. Last time we had factions, people in the "better" faction had guns, higher control of others, etc.

In this new server, there should only be one faction. SURVIVORS. No military. No science factions. Nothing. Survivors.

And no, I don't mean survivors with guns, running around and shooting every zombie in sight. I mean people cowering in their homes, praying they don't get attacked, and defending themselves with lamps and broom handles.
    ecstasy
    ecstasy
    Roleplay Moderator

Post  ecstasy Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:02 am

τΐgσ wrote:
    TheBloodMaster wrote:I know it is fiction, however it would be perfect for this canon, because they usually crack down on zombies and try and make cure. so I would like to see them, or some CEDA-like faction

Hipster wrote:Except for the fact that there aren't going to be any factions and hospitals won't exactly exist anymore since everybody is dead..

Notice how it's not gonna happen. Last time we had factions, people in the "better" faction had guns, higher control of others, etc.

In this new server, there should only be one faction. SURVIVORS. No military. No science factions. Nothing. Survivors.

And no, I don't mean survivors with guns, running around and shooting every zombie in sight. I mean people cowering in their homes, praying they don't get attacked, and defending themselves with lamps and broom handles.

I shouldn't say there won't be NO factions, the map we are using has a police station, and I'll let a few people sign up to be ex-cops, so they might start out with like, a Glock or something, but thats pretty much it.

The area is classified as "forsaken" and no military or government support will be coming.

But for the most part, its going to be melee weapons, and low NPC health (cus be honest, 1 hit with a baseball bat would take out a zombie)
    τΐgσ
    τΐgσ

Post  τΐgσ Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:18 am

Hipster wrote:
    τΐgσ wrote:

I shouldn't say there won't be NO factions, the map we are using has a police station, and I'll let a few people sign up to be ex-cops, so they might start out with like, a Glock or something, but thats pretty much it.

The area is classified as "forsaken" and no military or government support will be coming.

But for the most part, its going to be melee weapons, and low NPC health (cus be honest, 1 hit with a baseball bat would take out a zombie)

Yeah, Ex-Cops, but I don't think it should be a seperate kind of "group" but rather a role in the community of survivors, in this case the defenders.

Of course, we'd need to balance this out by not keeping them as a special kind of person, and have other duties for the citizens, so that, rather than one person is better then another 'cause he has a gun, the community as a whole relies on the other citizens to do their part, and any one failing on someone's part could bring everyone closer to death.
    TheBloodMaster
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

Post  TheBloodMaster Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:44 am

Hipster wrote:
    τΐgσ wrote:

Oh dear

/me opens his zombie survival guide book

A zombie cannot be killed unless separated with it's brain (because solanol, a fictional substance is in the brain), the easiest way to do this is by

cutting the head off, or pulverizing the brain (which a bat cannot do)

however, a simple mod I.E bat with nails might work. or maybe a makeshift spear.

For more information, refer to this retarded made but really informational video
    Milkdairy
    Milkdairy
    Development Manager
    Development Manager

Location : Staring at my computer, My Chair, My Room, My house, Los Angeles, California, United States, Northern America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post  Milkdairy Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:04 am

I smell AMC's The Walking dead made into an RP. Very Happy
    ecstasy
    ecstasy
    Roleplay Moderator

Post  ecstasy Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:55 am

TheBloodMaster wrote:
    Hipster wrote:
    τΐgσ wrote:

Oh dear

/me opens his zombie survival guide book

A zombie cannot be killed unless separated with it's brain (because solanol, a fictional substance is in the brain), the easiest way to do this is by

cutting the head off, or pulverizing the brain (which a bat cannot do)

however, a simple mod I.E bat with nails might work. or maybe a makeshift spear.

For more information, refer to this retarded made but really informational video

Umm, actually, a baseball bat to the head, if hit hard enough, can cause massive hemorrhaging, which would disable the brain. I'm going into the medical career, so I know what I'm talking about.
    τΐgσ
    τΐgσ

Post  τΐgσ Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:02 pm

Zombies could in fact be killed with one hit of a baseball bat, but the bat itself, at such a high rate of force, could snap after some usage. At least, a wooden bat would. An aluminum bat would be practically usseless, since they have much less power and bend/dent within a few strong hits.
    Shisno
    Shisno

Post  Shisno Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:33 pm

From this point on, using ANY form of publication authored by Max Brooks and labeling it as fact, will result of you being branded as a Community Designated Fucktard, and will be forever shunned.

(Although World War Z is ok, because that one was actually good.)
    ecstasy
    ecstasy
    Roleplay Moderator

Post  ecstasy Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:01 pm

Here is the reason a baseball bat could kill in a single blow.

The human skull is both strong and weak in several locations. The temple to be the weakest. The back of the head would be the strongest.

Now on to force, the average professional boxer can punch at about 20 miles an hour, exerting about 0.63 tons of force behind that blow, which equates to about 1260 pounds of force in a punch.
    The average human fist weighs about 250-500 grams.
    Now take this in to account that a wooden baseball bat weighs about 37oz, which is about 1050 grams.
    I don't know how hard the average person would hit a baseball, but lets take it in to perspective of a professional baseball player. An average baseball player can hit a ball and make it travel forward at about 80 to 90 miles an hour.
    To get a baseball to go 90 miles an hour, you must exert a force of 8000 pounds.

Now the human skull will be crushed at 36 pounds per square inch, and the force required to crush a human skull is 196 pounds of pressure.
    One swing of a baseball bat has enough force to crack between 1-8 skulls, depending on how hard it is swung.

There is your lesson of how to crush a skull.
    ecstasy
    ecstasy
    Roleplay Moderator

Post  ecstasy Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:10 pm

And secondly, that video is horribly inaccurate when it comes to disease spreading.
    One blood cell in the average human circulates throughout the entire body in about one minute, give or take a short amount of time.
    If you were to get a disease to directly infect the blood stream, it would circulate throughout the body in a matter of minutes, and multiply at incredibly fast speeds.
    A person would become infected with a disease rather immediately, its just the symptoms that take some time to set in, however, in a disease that shuts down the brain activity rather immediately, it would take a matter of maybe an hour to kill you.
    Kommadant Solis
    Kommadant Solis

Post  Kommadant Solis Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:13 pm

Hipster wrote:Here is the reason a baseball bat could kill in a single blow.

The human skull is both strong and weak in several locations. The temple to be the weakest. The back of the head would be the strongest.

Now on to force, the average professional boxer can punch at about 20 miles an hour, exerting about 0.63 tons of force behind that blow, which equates to about 1260 pounds of force in a punch.
    Now take this in to account that a wooden baseball bat weighs about 37oz, which is about 1050 grams.
    I don't know how hard the average person would hit a baseball, but lets take it in to perspective of a professional baseball player. An average baseball player can hit a ball and make it travel forward at about 80 to 90 miles an hour.
    To get a baseball to go 90 miles an hour, you must exert a force of 8000 pounds.

Now the human skull will be crushed at 36 pounds per square inch, and the force required to crush a human skull is 196 pounds of pressure.
    One swing of a baseball bat has enough force to crack between 1-8 skulls, depending on how hard it is swung.

You forgot to factor in the decay of the zombies, A newly turned zombie, would be stronger than one that has been around for weeks/months.
    Lt.Butterscotch
    Lt.Butterscotch

Post  Lt.Butterscotch Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:20 pm

Bloodmaster.

I have X amount of words for you.

I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU IF YOU POST ONE MORE FUCKING RETARDED AS HELL AND JUST STRAIGHT UP FUCKING STUPID AND OBVIOUSLY IS FROM ANYONE'S VIEW ON SERIOUS ROLEPLAY POST.

Seriously. Fucking stop your useless post-whoring shit. You are just now taking stupid shit off the internet and calling it realistic, WHEN ITS FUCKING NOT. Oh my god, I just feel like beating the fuck out of you sometimes when you post the most retarded shit and then act like your all smart about it when you don't know jack shit. Sorry. Thought I'd just put that out there for everyone.

Anyways. Hipster is right, it's so easy to kill a zombie with one baseball bat hit to the head, they're decompiling corpses that are barely holding together threw re-animated dead-flesh.

It's bones aren't probably as tough as ours are now due to their dying and all, it also only takes about seven pounds of pressure to break/damage/fracture an arm or leg bone.
    Lt.Butterscotch
    Lt.Butterscotch

Post  Lt.Butterscotch Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:22 pm

LTDEAD wrote:
    You forgot to factor in the decay of the zombies, A newly turned zombie, would be stronger than one that has been around for weeks/months.

Fuck, I just got done posting mine as you posted yours >:C decay is the word I was looking for.
    Scout
    Scout

Post  Scout Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:53 am

Sounds Heavenly! And please tell me we're not going with the Hurr Durr Brain is the only kill. They're still human after all. (Does anyone else kinda tweak when they watch the walking dead and the fuckers are still living, when liked Uber Messed up? My eye twitches)
    ecstasy
    ecstasy
    Roleplay Moderator

Post  ecstasy Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:27 am

Scout wrote:Sounds Heavenly! And please tell me we're not going with the Hurr Durr Brain is the only kill. They're still human after all. (Does anyone else kinda tweak when they watch the walking dead and the fuckers are still living, when liked Uber Messed up? My eye twitches)

Brain will be the primary source, but extreme body mutilation will also count.
    Milkdairy
    Milkdairy
    Development Manager
    Development Manager

Location : Staring at my computer, My Chair, My Room, My house, Los Angeles, California, United States, Northern America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post  Milkdairy Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:41 am

Here's a tip kids: The Sun does wonderful and horrible things to DEAD MEAT, which is what Zombies are.

In addition to being damned mindless, they can't feel pain. And They typically aren't bother by getting their chest ripped open either. Which means they won't heal, which means every bullet hole turns into a rotting well of flesh, never to regenerate. When a bone breaks it stays broken, Etc.
    τΐgσ
    τΐgσ

Post  τΐgσ Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:34 pm

Here's the ways I consider a zombie to be killed or incapacitated:

-Destroying the brain (Obviously)
    -Cutting off the head (Again, obvious)
    -Destroying the spine, at least to a certain point (Depending on how severe it is, the head may or may not still be able to bite. Not sure Razz)
    -Severe Mutilation, to the point where there's no limbs to actually move with
    -Destroying vital tendons/muscles, to the point where controlled movement is impossible

My medical knowledge ain't exactly vast, so anyone who could correct me on these, if needed, would be doin' me a huge favor.
    TheBloodMaster
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

Post  TheBloodMaster Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:34 pm

Here's a tip, stabbing the back of the head right before your neck there is a bundle of nerves and stuff, stabbing there CAN disable motor control, it's so easy even a sharpened stick can stab there
    Feelsgoodman
    Feelsgoodman

Post  Feelsgoodman Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:26 pm

τΐgσ wrote:Here's the ways I consider a zombie to be killed or incapacitated:

-Destroying the brain (Obviously)
    -Cutting off the head (Again, obvious)
    -Destroying the spine, at least to a certain point (Depending on how severe it is, the head may or may not still be able to bite. Not sure Razz)
    -Severe Mutilation, to the point where there's no limbs to actually move with
    -Destroying vital tendons/muscles, to the point where controlled movement is impossible

My medical knowledge ain't exactly vast, so anyone who could correct me on these, if needed, would be doin' me a huge favor.

Pure fuckin' genius. These all make sense. However, with mutilation and destroying vital organs, zombies would still be able to function. They'd just be madly thrashing (yet immobile) about trying to bite anything in reach. The decapitated heads are dangerous, too. But as with the destruction of the spine, well, they don't really use their nervous system that much. Taking out their spine would remove the skull, I believe. So it's a chance of either killing them or just having them thrash about madly again.
    Feelsgoodman
    Feelsgoodman

Post  Feelsgoodman Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Also very good. Any open wound or cut that gets the fluid inside of you would spread the disease. It's really scary about how many ways you can become infected.
    ecstasy
    ecstasy
    Roleplay Moderator

Post  ecstasy Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:57 pm

Feelsgoodman wrote:

Also very good. Any open wound or cut that gets the fluid inside of you would spread the disease. It's really scary about how many ways you can become infected.

Simply getting a bloodsplatter in your eye can cause infection. The eyes are the only external way of absorbing items into your bloodstream.
    τΐgσ
    τΐgσ

Post  τΐgσ Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:24 pm

Hipster wrote:
    Feelsgoodman wrote:

Simply getting a bloodsplatter in your eye can cause infection. The eyes are the only external way of absorbing items into your bloodstream.

That is, of course, if you don't account for any open wounds said person may have at the time.
    ecstasy
    ecstasy
    Roleplay Moderator

Post  ecstasy Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:30 pm

τΐgσ wrote:
    Hipster wrote:
    Feelsgoodman wrote:

That is, of course, if you don't account for any open wounds said person may have at the time.

That would classify as internal, as its directly coming into contact through whats inside the body.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:41 pm