Dominus Roleplay

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Warpizzle's admin application
HL2RP Added Realism Suggestion EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 4:10 pm by Shisno

» guiz can i be an ota assassin pls
HL2RP Added Realism Suggestion EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 3:13 pm by Milkdairy

» DRP Reopening
HL2RP Added Realism Suggestion EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:59 pm by Milkdairy

» Me have computer problems long time
HL2RP Added Realism Suggestion EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:06 pm by τΐgσ

» im out /10 character titles -.-
HL2RP Added Realism Suggestion EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 6:59 pm by Milkdairy

» Server Reboot to-do-list
HL2RP Added Realism Suggestion EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:05 pm by Neko

» Kasumi Misaki
HL2RP Added Realism Suggestion EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 11:36 am by Kitsune

» hay tailer
HL2RP Added Realism Suggestion EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:20 am by Kitsune

» Your favorite Unit.
HL2RP Added Realism Suggestion EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 9:29 am by Warpizzle

Navigation

+2
das pirate
StarJerkins
6 posters

HL2RP Added Realism Suggestion

StarJerkins
    StarJerkins

HL2RP Added Realism Suggestion Empty HL2RP Added Realism Suggestion

Post  StarJerkins Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:12 am

Greetings Dominus Roleplay, I am StarJerkins. Others might know me from the server by the name Chloe Salander.
    I have been thinking about this for a while, and I hope you like the idea.

Steam Username (For crediting your ideas): StarJerkins (Laptop) or similar.

•What is your suggestion benefiting? (Server, Forums, etc.); The Half Life Two Outlands Roleplay Server of Dominus Roleplay.

•What is your suggestion? (Please, explain in detail): In the time I have played HL2RP's, both outlands and in city, I have noticed there is a bit of lack with realism looking at the weapons.
    By so I mean, for example. The combine took over earth, would they destroy or be able to store up every single firearm that is created?
    Would they be able to remove or capture ALL the mass produced weapons?
    Would they be able to restrict people from creating homemade weapons (Such as knives) or repearing old weapons, or even re-producing them in the outlands?
    If the resistance can hide from an superior alien force, and fight them back and win. Then why cant a simple person that (For example) has been in a gunshop since they were six, not create, assemble or repair (Another example) an AK-47, a MP5 or similar? Because you cant really remove every weapon on earth, even the combine cant.

In short, my suggestion is adding multiple new items and weapons to the server, example to be CSS weapons or even seperate weapons made by players. It would be a good start, and personally think it would add greatly to RP if you could create a knife by sharpening a metal object. (I love examples).

•How is your idea going to benefit the server? (Please, explain in detail): Personally I think it would add to the RP, and add to the more HL2 survival theme. It would possibly give the characters a more unique touch if they could have more certain skills and traits. Of course, if you want to have those ICly (In my opinion) you should also know a bit about it OOCly.

•Do you have any supporting links to help explain your idea?: Well for starters I suggest adding the CSS weapons, especially the AK-47 as it is a mass produces weapon, adopted by the Russian/Soviet nation after WWII, and since Whiteforrst is located close outside of C17, and that C17 was placed in the remains of Russia, it would only make sense of there were a huge armory somewhere in a bunker somewhere yet to be found by anoyone.

Other weapon suggestions are:

Melee Weapons Pack (Wrench, Bat, Knife and Hammer)
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=95395

A bloody axe (Couldnt find a not bloody version)
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=82861

Hunting Rifle (Oh I really recommend this one)
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=76422

A katana (Yeah awesome, but rare)
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=119528

A Stun Baton (This should have been an item if it isnt already)
    I dont have a link for this one.

Please bear in mind, these are only a ton of suggestions I have!

•Anything else you wish to add?: Sorry for all the text I wrote, I tend to write a lot >.< hopefully you like my suggestion and it can be added into the roleplay, if not. Too bad!

Untill we meet again, farewell.
    das pirate
    das pirate

HL2RP Added Realism Suggestion Empty Re: HL2RP Added Realism Suggestion

Post  das pirate Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:56 pm

I've seen this exact suggestion in a number of communities, I personally agree with it in realism terms, but the thing is that roleplay isn't exactly about "super realistic" in my opinion. Now the "combinez took all wepons and destroyed them" is not even in the canon yet many people believe it to be true. Yes, you could create a weapon if you had the knowledge and the necessary items and blueprints (ect) to make it. On a number of my characters my knife is a cut off piece of pipe wrapped in a cloth, though I don't need a swep to use it. In the half life universe all guns exist, but think about it, if these armories existed don't you think they would have been looted already or discovered and destroyed? I truly believe that the combine haven't destroyed all weapons, but if they knew about huge Russian armories they would destroy them. Plus remember, earth surrendered, this probably means that they gave up their huge armories and most of their weapons. In speculation on my part, I think that the combine wouldn't have destroyed the many of factories around the world that produced weapons, and that if a person were to stumble into one of these factories the technology needed to create guns and ammo would still be there(most likely run down of course). Either way I believe your idea is one of controversy, because it is speculation upon the canon. One last note, the M-series weapons do exist in the half life universe and were used by HECU troops in Opposing Force.
    das pirate
    das pirate

Post  das pirate Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:34 pm

I see that no admins feel to respond to this suggestion and that is a shame, I can see you put a lot of time into it. Well hope this works as a BUMP.
    Xellos the old
    Xellos the old

Post  Xellos the old Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:52 pm

Probleam is...... Dat theres no server first second only Shisno can do it.I mean add stuff properly.
    StarJerkins
    StarJerkins

Post  StarJerkins Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:59 am

Well I do tend to put some time into everything I write, though I get lazy sometimes.
    On another note, Xellos, this is just a suggestion so. I'd much rather have the server up before adding this, as I really miss the RP ^^ (Innocent Cute Chloe).
    MentleGen
    MentleGen

Post  MentleGen Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:51 am

You derp, C17 Is Riga. C18 Is Ukraine, Close to russia. But Whiteforest is Russia
    StarJerkins
    StarJerkins

Post  StarJerkins Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:54 pm

MentleGen wrote:You derp, C17 Is Riga. C18 Is Ukraine, Close to russia. But Whiteforest is Russia

That may be, but there is still a large circulation of weapons in the general area of Euroupe, aswell as any other region of the world. You cant stop it, though some might have more mass produced, some might have less.
    Ammo for the weapons cant be a real big problem, as there is a large amount of sulphus ammo for the general assult rifle caliber on the market right now. Think of it like this, the combine attacked, so people went to arms. Some might have gone paranoid and stashed weapons all over, goverments might (and most likeley) would have made huge weapon storages hidden in diffrent places, aswell as re-arm the diffrent front line bases and outposts.
    Philou121[sfr]
    Philou121[sfr]

Post  Philou121[sfr] Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:16 am

goverments might (and most likeley) would have made huge weapon storages hidden in diffrent places
    Combine took over the world in 7 hour, if the governement made huge weapon storages, they probably got stoped by combine forces or never got the time to be made, but there is probably "A small amount" of storage made by the governement when it started, but the CRF and other factions probably already knowed about those storage has they certainly recruted military member from everywhere or searched for it, also, the weapon can't be made, transfered and stored into the storage in a so small time, so that "part" of your idea is not realy possible. (sorry silent)

(I also heard about Maurader or Marauder, not sure of the name, they got huge amount of weapons and they probably searched for those storage at start.)

But i still love the idea and i want to add the fact, that the GunDealer, Soldier, etc. Would probably teach people the basic of the weapons (How it work, what are those part used for, etc) and some player would be able to RolePlay with it to be able to somehow, make a "bad" weapon, has the hight tech tool would be missing or they had to recycle the part of some gun, metal pieces they found, etc. to make a new weapon.

So in general, we can talk about it for hours, but we would need someone to add weapon each week, or ask the player to create their own weapon and send it somehow on a new thread made for it, but it would "probably" make the server heavier with the time so... It would also take the precious time of the admins to remove each weapon or to look if "this weapon" look like "this other weapon".

But if its added somehow, it will be great and we will need to thank you. Very Happy
    StarJerkins
    StarJerkins

Post  StarJerkins Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:21 am

This suggestion was dealt with a long time ago, but thanks for the input.
    Milkdairy
    Milkdairy
    Development Manager
    Development Manager

Location : Staring at my computer, My Chair, My Room, My house, Los Angeles, California, United States, Northern America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post  Milkdairy Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:51 pm

NIGGA WHO THE FUCK YOU THINK YOU IS?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:29 am